If you’re looking for a workout that will help keep your legs strong and toned during pregnancy, this leg workout is perfect for you. With a mix of cardio and strength-training exercises, it will help you stay in shape while also preparing your body for labor and delivery.
Start by warming up with some light cardio. A short walk or slow jog is perfect. Then, move on to the following exercises:
Great leg exercises for pregnancy leg workout
1. Squats: Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and lower yourself down into a squat position. Be sure to keep your knees behind your toes as you lower down. Pause for a moment at the bottom of the squat before returning to the starting position. Repeat 10-15 times.
2. Leg Lifts: Start by lying on your side with your legs straight. Slowly lift your top leg up as high as you can without arching your back. Lower it back down and repeat 10-15 times before switching sides.
3. Lunges: Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Step forward with one leg and lower yourself down into a lunge position. Both of your knees should be at 90-degree angles. Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position. Repeat 10-15 times before switching legs.
4. Calf Raises: Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding onto a chair or wall for balance. Slowly raise up onto your toes and then lower back down. Repeat 10-15 times.
5. Hamstring Curls: Start by lying on your back with your legs straight. Place a resistance band around your ankles and curl your legs up towards your butt, contracting your hamstrings as you do so. Return to the starting position and repeat 10-15 times.
After completing this leg workout, be sure to cool down with some light stretching. You should feel a nice burn in your legs after completing all of the exercises!